您当前的位置:首页 >外贸知识>外贸英语

外贸进出口业务专业英语情景会话-2

时间:2021.08.05信息来源:功夫外贸

Paul: This isn't a joke, is it?

这不是开玩笑吧,是吗?

Tara: Come on, have you ever heard father joke about moeny?

相信吧,你什么时候听到爸爸开关于钱的玩笑?

Paul: That's true, But what did the letter say?

那倒是真的,但是信中说了什么?

Tara: It was something to do with the tax revenue people.

是与税收人有关的什么事。

Paul: What about the tax revenue people?

是有关税收人员什么的?

Tara: I don't know, He didn't tell me, Fathers rarely confide in their daughters.

我不知道,他没有告诉我,父亲很少和自己的女儿说心理话的。

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Paul: Well, he could have left a note or something.

可是,他可以留下一个便条或什么东西。

Tara: Don't be angry, Paul. He didn't expect you till Monday.

不要生气,保罗。 他以为你星期一才回来。

Paul: Where's he now?

现在他去哪儿了?

Tara: Gone off for the weekend with the Colonel.

和上校出去度周末了。

Paul: Well, never mind, Anyway. I think I'd better see Jack Lom first.

好吧,没关系,反正。 我想我最好先看看杰克.罗姆。

Tara: Oh darling, you've only just got back, Can't it wait?

哦亲爱的,你只是刚刚回来,不能等等吗?

Paul: I'm sorry. But I'd better find out what's going on.

对不起。 但我最好查查到底发生了什么

Tara:I see, You're going to try and win Jack over to your new ideas before facing father, eh?

我明白,你想试着赢得杰克支持你的新想法,好面对父亲,对吧?

Paul: No, of course not darling! Bye?

不,当然不是亲爱的! 再见?

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Paul: Jack, Jack, where are you?

杰克,杰克,你在哪儿?

Jack: Over here! In the yard.

在这里! 在院子里。

Paul:Oh no, not again. Every time I come here there are bits of moped everywhere, You've turned this yard into an engineering shop.

哦不,不要这样。 每次我来到这里到处都是轻骑摩托,你已经把这个院子变成了一个车间了。

Jack: Got to keep ahead of the competition, my lad:Can't afford a two month holiday in Dabu, you know.

要保持在竞争中的领先地位,我的老伙计:你知道,承担不起在DABU过两个月的假期。

Paul:Well, we couldn't survive without you.

没有你,我们不能生存呀.

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Jack: What do you think then?

你觉得怎么样?

Paul: About what?

关于什么?

Jack: The new bike of course.

当然是新型的摩托车了。

Paul: Oh well, it looks a lot ligher.

哦,好像,它看起来轻了很多。

Jack:Yes, but that's only a part of it. Listen!(engine noise)

是的,但这只是它的一部分。听!(发动机噪音)

Paul: Well, there's some power there.

好像,哪儿还有有一些动力!

Jack: Yes, turned to perfection she is, Should be a real winner, But that's your department ....Come on, let's go inside ...

是的,它变得完美了,应该是一个真正的赢家,但这是你的部门....来吧,让我们进去...

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Jack: Another cup of tea, Paul?

再来一杯茶,保罗?

Paul: No thanks, Well, what's news Jack?

不了,谢谢,那么,杰克,有什么新闻?

Jack: Nothing dramatic, I'm glad to say, but there is something you should know about.

我很想说,没有什么戏剧性的新闻,但有一些你应该知道的事情。

Paul: What's that?

是什么?

Jack: Well our rivals are offering extended credit terms to some of the retailers in the area.

我们的对手正在为该地区的一些零售商提供延期付款条件。

Paul: Oh? Which rival's this? We only have two.

哦?这是 哪个对手?我们只有两个对手。

Jack: Barratts.

巴拉特

Paul: Oh them, Well, they're hardly a threat.

哦,他们,嗯,他们几乎不构成威胁。

Jack: I know they're smaller than us, but we can't afford to ignore them.

我知道他们比我们小,但我们不能忽视他们。

Paul:Yes, you're right Jack. But I don't like extended credit. It ties up cash we could put to better use elsewhere, But I'll look into it on Monday.

是的,杰克说的对。但我不喜欢延期付款。它绑定了现金,我们可以钱放在最需要使用的其他地方,但我会在星期一研究一下。

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Jack: Yes. and there's something else.

好的。这儿还有别的事情。

Paul: Don't tell me-the letter from the tax revenue office.

不是要告诉我 - 税务局的信那事吧。

Jack: Right first time. How did you know?

第一次猜对了。你怎么知道?

Paul: Tara told me, What's the problem?

塔拉告诉我,有什么问题?

Jack: Well, Tom got this letter later yesterday and then went frantic trying to find copies of last year's accounts.

嗯,汤姆昨天晚些时候收到这封信,然后他就疯狂地试图找到去年帐目的副本。

Paul: Did he find them?

他找到账目了吗?

Jack: No, and he was away before I could get hold of the letter.

没有,他在我可看这封信之前就走了。

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Paul:How about a drive down to the office now, and we'll see if everything's all right?

现在,一路开到办公室怎么样,我们会看看是否一切都好?

Paul: There's another reason why I wanted a chat with you before Monday.

还有一个原因,我想在星期一之前与你聊聊

Jack: I thought as much. Well, go on, surprise me..

我也这么想。好,继续,给我惊喜...

Paul: How about selling that new moped of yours in Industira?

把新的助力车卖到 Industira 如何?

Jack: What? You mean export? Paul. I think you've been away too long, This is Jayal Motors. We've never sold a bike abroad.

什么?你是说出口?保罗。我想你已经想的太远了,这是杰亚尔 摩托。我们从来没有在国外出售过摩托

Paul: Don't worry, Jack. I'm not crazy. I've been studying the possibility and I think we should give it a go.

别担心,杰克。我没疯。我一直在研究这种可能性,我想我们应该试一试。

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Jack: It's not as easy as that thought, is it? We'd have to reorganize the whole company.

这不是象想的那么容易,对吧?我们必须重组整个公司。

Paul: Dont' be silly, I don't intend starting next week. We'll have to plan it properly and there'll be a few problems.

不要犯傻了,我并不打算从下周就开始。我们必须正确地计划,当然会有一些问题。

Jack:A few problems! I can see hundreds! For one thing, trasnport, I have enough trouble delivering bikes to shops only 40 miles away-never mind 5000 miles!

有几个问题!我看有无数问题!一方面,运输,我吧摩托运到40英里的商店都有足够的麻烦 - 更不用说5000英里以外了!

Paul: That's what forwarding agents are for.

那是货代负责的事。

Jack: Yes, but all that costs  money- a lot of money.

是的,但所有这些是需要花钱的 - 很多钱。

功夫外贸公众号 GFWAIMAO 手机上学习外贸和外贸英语口语

Paul: Oh, come on, Jack. You're beginning to sound as cautious as Tom... It's a change being able to find room to park.

哦,拜托,杰克。你听起来开始像汤姆一样谨慎了....这儿有变化,能够找到停车的地方了。

Jack: Hey ... looks like we're not the only ones working at weekends.

嘿...看起来我们不是唯一在周末工作的。

Paul: Why?

为什么?

Jack: Isn't that Diana getting into that sports car?

是不是戴安娜进入那辆跑车了?

Paul:Mmm, so it is.

嗯,没错。

Jack: She doesn't normally work at weekends.

她通常在周末不工作的。

Paul:But did you see who she was with?

但你看到她是和谁在一起吗?

Jack:Yes, probably her boyfriend.

是的,可能是她的男朋友

Jack: No. It was a young Barratt,

不,这小巴拉特

Paul: Who?

谁?

Jack: The son in Barratt & Sons.

巴拉特&儿子公司的儿子。

Paul:Oh him. that's interesting, I wonder what they've been up to?

哦,他。这很有趣,我不知道他们已经做了什么?

   
回到顶部 | 联系我们
河北省外贸培训公共服务平台   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
违法和不良信息举报电话:0311-67662519/4008320700
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量: