您当前的位置:首页 >外贸知识>外贸英语

外贸进出口业务专业英语情景会话-19

时间:2022.01.06信息来源:功夫外贸

Carl: Darling, how long is it since Paul Osman came to Centreville?

亲爱的,自从保罗.奥斯曼来沈翠威亚到现在有多久了?

Eve: Six months.

六个月了。

Carl: Six months, And that was when he got his first export order.

六个月,正是那个时候,他得到了第一个出口订单。

Eve. Aha. And now look at it! Jayal Motors have become so popular here.

哈哈。现在再看看吧!贾亚尔摩托在这里已经变得如此受欢迎了。

Carl: Yes and with summer here at last, they must be in great demand.

是的,而且在这里的夏天,他们的摩托车一定有很大的需求。

Eve. Mm Sales have gone up sharply-200 a month.

嗯,销售量已经大幅上涨-每个月200辆

Carl: And to think it was Jayal Motors that brought us together, come on, this calls for a celebration.

想想,是贾亚尔摩托让我们走到一起,来,这得有一个庆祝活动

Eve:To Jayal Motors.

祝贾亚尔摩托。

Carl: To us. And I've got something else to celebrate.

也祝我们。我还有别的事情要庆祝。

Eve: Oh? What's that?

奥?那是什么?

Carl: Well, the Embassy has been very impressed with my handling of the Jayal project especially as I was relatively new to Industria. There's talk of promotion.

嗯,大使馆对我处理贾亚尔项目印象深刻,特别是因为我是刚刚到Industria。可能提升我了。

Eve: Carl, that's wonderful.

卡尔,那太好了

Carl:And maybe I'll get another posting.

而且,可能有将获得另一个工作任命。

Eve: Oh. where to, do you have any idea?

哦。去哪里,你有什么大概方向吗?

Carl: Well, I've heard through the prapevine that it will be  the USA.

嗯,我从小道消息听说,可能将去美国

Eve: As far away as that.

那么远?

Carl: Oh! I forgot to tell you. I got a letter from Paul today.

哦! 我忘了告诉你。我今天收到了保罗的信

Waiter: Excuse me, sir, Grapefruit cocktail?

对不起,先生,柚汁鸡尾酒

Carl: Er... for the lady please.

呃...请给女士

Eve: Thank you.

谢谢!

Waiter: And pate for you, sir?

给你肉馅饼的,先生?

Carl: Yes, thank you.

是的,谢谢你。

Eve: Well go on, What did he say?

好吧,继续,他说什么?

Carl: Now let me see, where is that letter?

现在让我找找,那封信在哪里了

Carl: And of course they send you their love, Tara's fine and they're expecting the baby any day.

当然了,他们带来了对你问好,塔拉很好,他们随时期待着婴儿的到来

Eve: Oh, lovely.

哦,太可爱了。

Carl: Oh, listen to this bit. I'll read it out to you." We had some grumbles from the men at first about coping with the orders. but the new shift pattern and assembly system we introduced seems to be paying dividends, Plans are underway to build a new extension to the factory but this requires a lot of borrowed money which is putting a strain on the balance sheet. to say nothing of myself and Jack."

哦,听这一段。我读给你听,“一开始,由于应对订单,我们工人有一些抱怨,但我们引进了新的换班模式和装配系统后似乎是收到效果,计划正在扩建一个新的工厂,但这需要很多贷款,这是在资产负债表上增加压力,更不要说我自己和杰克了。

You know, Eve, there's a lot to be said for merging with one of the bigger companies in Dabu ... some have already shown interest.

你知道,夏娃。很多人在传说达布的一家大公司要吞并...有些已经表明了兴趣。

Eve. Oh, no, Carl, That's exactly what Paul wants to avoid! They're under strain at the moment, but that's only because they haven't been in the export business long.

哦,不,卡尔,这正是保罗想要避免的!他们目前处于紧张状态,但这只是因为他们的出口业务才刚刚开始。

Carl: Yes, it  would be a pity if the family were to lose control of their own business...

是的,如果这个家庭失去对自己业务的控制,将是一种遗憾

Eve:Well. that was a really meal. Carl.

很好,这真是一顿美餐。卡尔

Waiter: Would there be anything else, sir?

还需要别的什么吗,先生?

Carl:Yes. two white coffees please.

是的,请来两杯加奶咖啡

Eve: Yes please.

好的,请。

Waiter:Thank you, sir.

谢谢,先生。

Eve:You know Carl. I've been thinking, Jayal's success is good news for us. but it doesn't help Industria's balance of payments.

你知道卡尔。我一直在想,贾亚尔的成功对我们是好消息。但它不会帮助INDUSTRIA的国际收支平衡。

Carl: No, no. It's in the red. isn't it?

是的,是的,他们已经赤字了,不是吗?

Eve.Yes. and the present government is under pressure from the unions to introduce import controls.

是的。目前的政府正受到来自工会的压力,要求实行进口管制

Carl: Yes. but it's not going to be in anyone's interests to start a trade war, is it?

是的。但是开始一场贸易战争,对任何人都没有好处,是吧?

Waiter: Your coffees, sir.

先生,你的咖啡。

Carl: Ah, thank you.

啊,谢谢!

Eve:I hope you're right. Anyway, that shouldn't worry you. You're in the Diplomatic Service not business.

我希望你是对的。反正,这不应该令你担心。你在外交界也不是做生意的。

Carl: Eve, I only joined the Diplomatic Sevice to please my father. He thought is was a good way to see the world. He's a wealthy farmer in Zuritania but he's never been outside his country, Now, I'm rather attracted by the business world.

夏娃,我进入外交界,只是为让我父亲高兴。他认为这是一个很好认知世界的方式。他是在苏黎世的一个富有的农民,但他从来没有到过其他的国家。现在,我被商业世界吸引了

Eve: Mmm... you know. I think I'd like a change too.I've already had a few cross words with Fortesquieu for spending too much time with Jayal Motors, even though Jayal is becoming one of our best clients.

嗯...你知道。我也想改变一下。我已经与Fortesquieu吵架了,关于花太多的时间在贾亚尔摩托上,即使贾亚尔是我们最好的客户之一。

Carl:What about going into business together!

我们一起做生意怎么样?

Eve: What?

什么?

Carl: I give up the Diplomatic Service, You tell Fortesquieu to find someone else to shout at!

我放弃外交工作,你告诉Fortesquieu找个别人去喊吧!

Eve:Then you won't have to go to the states!

这样你就不必去美国了!

Carl:Eve. darling. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere without you!

夏娃。亲爱的。没有你的地方我做梦都不会去的。

Eve: Oh. Carl ...

哦,卡尔。

Carl: Waiter, the bill please....

服务员,结账。


   
回到顶部 | 联系我们
河北省外贸培训公共服务平台   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
违法和不良信息举报电话:0311-67662519/4008320700
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量: